Sunday, February 6, 2011

Breakfast Risotto


This is probably my favorite thing to have for breakfast 9 months out of the year. It's far too cold for smoothies in February. Although I have been on a strawberry kiwi post yoga smoothie kick lately.

I've never been a huge fan of oatmeal... it's a texture thing. I do recall a large number of school mornings as a child filled with giant bowls of cream of wheat (oh, the irony). If we were lucky, it would be purple because there were frozen blueberries mixed in. These days, my hot breakfast cereal is purple because there's black thai rice mixed in. This is an awesome way to use up leftover rice from dinner earlier in the week, however I have been caught a few times throwing the rice cooker on while I jump in the shower to get ready for work in the morning. I have also been caught not putting "goodies" in the rice at dinner so that I can use the leftovers for breakfast. Guilty. But it's that good.

So I'm sharing the goodness with you!

Stolen Adapted from Alisa

You'll need:

 Leftover rice


Milk of your choice


A handful of raisins, a sprinkle of cinnamon & a splash of agave 
(all optional, but highly recommended)
Looks like I'm running low on raisins...


 Throw it all in a pot or frying pan


Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Let it thicken up & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment