Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Red Wine Braised Short Ribs for Valentines'

I don't know about you, but I'm glad that Valentines' Day has finally passed. I'm tired of seeing chocolate everything & heart shaped everything. I am NOT going to go out and buy a heart shaped cake pan to use once a year. My kitchen doesn't have room for things like that... Instead, my mortar was moonlighting as a gravy boat at the table this Monday.


Instead of succumbing to the mass brainwashing that this Hallmark holiday has become, we made each other gifts & stayed in and cooked an AMAZING meal together.

Organic red wine marinated beef short ribs (adapted from this recipe because you know... I can't actually seem to follow a recipe!) along with a herbed gravy thanks to the luscious drippings served with steamed garlic asparagus & Old Bay boiled new potatoes. Mr.C says this is in the "top 5 best meals ever". We were both paralyzed for a while after dinner. Even dessert took away from the lingering tastes in our mouths.


I was even more thrilled to get to use my new Le Creuset baking dish. Even though the ribs didn't fit into it pre-cooked and were cooked in larger dish, it was perfect for serving. 


If I had a second, smaller one the asparagus would totally have gone in it.


Just looking at these pictures makes me want more- I think this one speaks for itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment