Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Maui: Sansei Sushi


In February of 2008 I traveled to Maui and ate some of the best  thee best sushi I have had in my life. It ruined Sushi boat for me (which for a land-locked province, is GOOD!). Every bite of ricey seaweed I ate for the last three years was measured up to what we had had at Sansei.

This is NOT what we had at Sansei!

So when we decided we were going back to Maui, we knew that we HAD to visit Sansei again. But this is what we were faced with...


We made it in just under the wire despite the fact that the two ladies in front of us asked for a table for fourteen people... So worth the wait!


I couldn't have asked for more sitting right up at the sushi bar! This is somewhere that we will eat every single time we're in Maui (which hopefully will be many more times!).

Ahi Carpaccio

Ebi & Smoked Salmon Sushi

Salmon Skin Roll
Sashimi Trio
Whoops, looks like my martini glass was blocking the lighting....

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful. May you have many more opportunities to return. Terrie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terrie! We're certainly planning on it ;)

    ReplyDelete