Monday, June 6, 2011

A Summer Foodie Must-Do List

When it comes right down to it, I'll admit: I love food. My life revolves around it. I schedule my day around making dinner, baking cookies or boiling a pot of stock all afternoon. Summer is by a huge margin my favorite time of year (not only because it's warm out!) because there's a huge variety of produce that's not been shipped up from Mexico. All year I eagerly await fiddleheads & asparagus to arrive in May, all sorts of berries, cherries & peaches throughout the summer months & the always plentiful apples in the fall.

Smoked salmon benny with hollandaise from scratch:)

This summer we've set out to eat up a storm, including the following:

1. U-pick berries
2. Can tomatoes (and maybe more!)
3. Make homemade ice cream
4. Cook an entire meal over campfire
5. Go on a picnic
6. Buy groceries at the farmers market as many times as I can
7. Make iced tea
8. Have 100% home made smores
9. Grow all kinds of fruit & veggies & herbs
10. Craft a fantastic mojito (with home grown mint of course!)

I'll be sure to keep you updated throughout the summer months as we come along with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment