Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dinner: Garlic Scape Pesto Pasta


Perhaps you noticed the delicate curls of garlic scapes in my haul from last weekends farmers market trip... Well as of Wednesday they were still hangin' out in the bottom of my fridge. Right next to the basil...


Having never purchased them before, I was at somewhat of a loss as to what I was going to use them for. I guess I'm taking the easy way out here, but I'm pumped nonetheless. Making pesto isn't a difficult or time consuming endeavour- it's easy really!
1/2 cup rough chopped garlic scapes
1/2 cup (packed) rough chopped fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp salt, or to taste


I am a huge advocate of my Magic Bullet. The thing has yet to let me down, so today it made pesto!

You could use a blender or food processor depending on what tools you have available in your kitchen. Thoroughly puree all ingredients together- it's that easy.

When the pasta of your choice is ready, stir in your desired amount of garlic scape pesto & enjoy!

Next up? Conquering that giant zucchini...

No comments:

Post a Comment