Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday: July 27, 2011


I started my day off with a slice of Karina's Whole Grain Bread with a slathering of Adams Peanut Butter.  I'm a strong supporter of starting the day off with protein- even if it's just a little bit.

I snacked on some green beans that I picked up from a fresh fruit stand on the side of the highway earlier in the week. I started in on them innocently last night, and found today that I had eaten ALL of them- but there's only a small window in the summer months when you can get fresh green beans. Gotta enjoy it!


For lunch, I had a bowl of Tortilla Soup with a quarter of an avocado. I made this soup last night for dinner, but it's always better the next day. The sharpness of the cilantro dissipates overnight & the flavors come together nicely. My chard plant was thoroughly dismantled to accommodate the needs of this recipe, but it was worth it! It'll grow back soon :)

I snacked on some fresh peas & almonds this afternoon while working on a recipe for you too!

I needed a bit of a snack before I headed to an evening hot yoga class, and indulged in one of My Favorite Chewy Granola Bars. It was the last one in the pan, and was pretty crumbled, so I threw it in a bowl with some almond milk, and WOW... I love these things!


When I got home from my sweaty session, I was starving! Luckily I had prepared a batch of garlic scape pesto which I threw in with a bit of Tinkyada brown rice & spinach spaghetti. I crave carbs like a madman after a good workout like that, and this certainly hit the spot, but apparently I didn't make enough because I still had a snack before bed! A handful of almonds & good old fashioned "Ants on a log" satisfied my sweet tooth & upped my protein a bit as well.

On another note, take my advice & avoid soups containing beans a full 24 hours before attending a yoga class. Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment