Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday: August 17, 2011


I had a slow start to my day which was completely acceptable given that I was scheduled to be at work until midnight or so... "Breakfast" could only be called by its name due to the fact that this meal was my first of the day despite the time hovering on the verge of "pm" rather than "am".

Poached local duck eggs with sea salt & cracked black pepper atop Udi's whole grain toast.


After a few hours of running errands, I came home & whipped up one of Jenna's Mango Lassi's with fresh mango, Liberté organic yogurt and the assistance of my oh-so loved Magic Bullet. Best. Housewarming. Gift. Ever. Because my mango wasn't frozen, I reduced the vanilla Almond Breeze to 1/4 cup. And because I had vanilla yogurt & vanilla almond milk I skipped the honey, it didn't need it. Very tasty!


Snacked on some almonds later in the afternoon along with a few triangles of PC brand "Suisse dark chocolate": their take on Toblerone, but without the dairy & artificial flavors.


It was at this point in the day when the 60% chance of showers turned into 100% chance. Between fighting off the sniffles all week and the miserable weather, I knew that it was a soup kinda day. I rummaged around in the freezer until I found the last container of turkey soup left from January. Mr.C was done school at 3:30 this afternoon then we loaded up our bowls, slurping quietly on the couch underneath a blanket.

Photo Credit

After a surprisingly busy Tuesday evening, I quelled my hunger with Earl's West Coast Prawn Salad. A high protein dish incorporating feta cheese, candied pecans, quinoa, avocado, spinach & strawberries amongst other ingredients. One of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment