Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday: August 31, 2011

You're invited! Have a little food celebration of your own via Peasandcrayons.com. Join in on the WIAW fun with me!

  

Today I started off with two toasted slices of Amy's Perfect Bread which is a staple for me. I hear people complain all the time about how celiac's "can't eat bread anymore", but it's simply not true! Gluten free foods have come a LONG way in the past few years (but of course home baked bread is always going to be the best!). Topped with Adams peanut butter & raspberry jam made from local honey, Pomona's pectin & berries picked by us from Sweder's berry farm I accompanied my morning PBJ with a perfectly ripe Okanagan peach.


Lunch was leftover Zucchini Baked Eggs. We've made this recipe more than once as it was an instant favorite. I can't get my hands on enough zucchini these days despite it being everywhere! I have only one lonely little guy left on the plant after some critters got to the rest. He lives in the greenhouse now. For my his own good of course.


I snacked on blueberries from our local u-pick and walnuts & almonds while I made granola bars this afternoon (which was the plan even before I came across this nearly identical recipe).


Dinner was a 7oz steak cooked over our little charcoal bbq accompanied by sauteed mushrooms, coleslaw & a slice of homemade bread slathered in butter, sprinkled with a bit of garlic powder, salt & parsley. Mr.C "splurged" on a loaf of garlic bread while we were at the grocery store this afternoon, and I caved and had to have some of my own (gf of course). I am weak.






2 comments:

  1. OH my goodness, do your granola bars ever look fantastic, Kristin! Nice!
    BTW, you've been mentioned on my blog today, hope you stop by for a peek. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a sweetheart, I'm all over it!

    ReplyDelete