Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday: September 28th, 2011

Welcome back to What I Ate Wednesday! Thank you yet again to Jenn from Peas & Crayons for getting us all together like this every week. It's like coffee with the girls!

 

Okay, so breakfast wasn't rubber... But we did start out the day with a very brief jog/walk in our New Balance Minimus trail runners. I've read all kinds of stories about people with their new minimalist runners injuring themselves after assuming that they can do a normal run in their new shoes. Not so. In shoes like these your feet are using all sorts of muscles that aren't normally used because traditional running shoes provide so much support that your body doesn't need to use them. We're starting slow. The last thing I want is to throw these to the back of the closet because I hurt myself right off the bat.  


When we got home (admittedly less than 10 minutes later) we were starving (I was hungry long before that to be honest). Mr.C whipped up an awesome scramble with 5 eggs (between the 2 of us) some chopped red onion, red pepper, leftover yak roast & feta cheese. I had a whole grain Udi's bagel along with it and a bit of OJ.


After a few hours of blog reading, housework peeling & coring apples for applesauce, I needed a bit of something before I went out to do my nutrition appointments. I had these awesome seaweed snacks from Annie Chun's for the first time- loved em'!


When I got home from my appointments & picking Mr.C up from school, we were both famished. I quickly heated up some leftover mashed potatoes & Mushroom Stroganoff and we had some of that before we started cooking dinner. What was in the books for tonight? Pizza! I had intentions of making half pizza & half breadsticks with the dough, but it was so sticky that I didn't want to fight with the second half by the time the first was on the pizza pan. I put it into globs in a muffin tin and hoped for the best. It was a good idea... pizza crust review posts coming soon!


This was totally a "clean out the fridge" pizza. Goat cheese, roasted red peppers, pasta sauce, daiya, sundried tomatoes, green & red pepper, mushrooms, black olives, artichoke hearts, capers, fresh tomato... and man was it good! 

1 comment:

  1. Clean out the fridge pizza is the best kind of pizza to exist.

    ReplyDelete