Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday: October 26th, 2011

Good morning WIAWers! Head on over to Peas And Crayons & check it out! This will be my last WIAW for Unprocessed October, but don't worry- our eating habits wont be changing too dramatically next month. We've learned a lot throughout October about what we eat (even though I'm an avid label reader to begin with) and the effects it has on things like our energy levels. The cheat days we've been taking make me realize how crappy junky food makes me feel!


After I took Mr.C to school in the morning, I crawled back into my warm bed with some almonds to stave off my hunger before I was ready to face the kitchen to make breakfast. We still had some bread leftover from Sunday's cheat day and I was fully prepared to make poached eggs again for breakfast. Is that really a "cheat" breakfast anyways? I'm pretty sure I'm converted to this new Udi's bread -it's SO good! Have you tried it?


A shot of cranberry is something I try to get in every day, but it certainly doesn't happen that often...


I had some leftovers for lunch this afternoon: It was just as good today as it was last night (and vegan to boot)! I will definitely make Green Beans, Potatoes and Spinach in Coconut Curry again.


Before I headed out to my yoga class, I had a piece of Udi's Millet Chia toast with homemade honeyed strawberry rhubarb preserves. It was a blah day & I needed a bit of a boost to even get me out the door...




For dinner we had a variation on this Lentil Shepherd's Pie. We topped it with mashed turnips & carrots rather than yams since we just had yams on Sunday. It was alright, but I don't think I would make it again. My opinion is likely as it is due to my not being a huge Shepherd's Pie fan to begin with. Mr.C gave it higher marks than I did.


I snacked on some pistachios after dinner too!




Looking back at my day, I really failed on the fruit & veggie front- holy moly! I skipped my smoothie today, and we're nearly out of fresh fruit (tomorrow is sale day at our health food store). Groceries are going to be a bit more expensive than usual tomorrow I think!

5 comments:

  1. pistachios are the best nut ever! :-) i love to take a little packet to the cinema. Happy WIAW!! i love the idea of an unprocessed month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try Udis toast but we can't get it in the UK. It looks so cakey. I heard someone describe it as almost poundcake like? Wish I could try it.
    I love the looks of that pie but I'm sorry it disappointed. Gotta love swede!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you found our millet chia bread Kristin! It's my personal favorite out of our bread products. Thanks for including us in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of the gluten free bread out there is dense & almost like a poundcake, but not this stuff! Udi's is my stand-by when I don't have time to bake my own. You should come visit @mindrunningwild I always have a list of things to get when I'm in the US on vacation that we don't have here, but I've never been to Europe; I hear there's lots more gluten free & vegetarian companies though!

    ReplyDelete