Sunday, December 11, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday: January 4th, 2012

Hey guess what... it's the very first edition of What I Ate Wednesday 2012! Welcome back!


Since we returned home from our nearly two week adventure over Christmas, I've been on a driven mission to consume the mass amounts of chocolate that I received over the holidays. Mr.C usually would assist me with the ominous task, however he can no longer tolerate hardly any cows dairy in his diet, so I'm on my own this year. Thus, breakfast:


Okay, here's real breakfast:

Crumbled My Favorite Granola Bar with Almond milk

We spent this afternoon taking down the Christmas decorations including the tree. This also required festive snacks along the way:




It wasn't long until dinner was calling my name. Cream of Mushroom soup was on the menu for today, using up some of the dried mushroom medley we purchased from Costco a few months ago.


2 cups dried mushrooms, rehydrated as per directions reserving liquid, chopped to preference
1 white onion, chopped
1 can full fat coconut milk
1 can reserved mushroom liquid
1/2 tsp gluten free & vegan worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
fresh cracked black pepper to taste
1 tsp corn starch to thicken if necessary


Saute onion in 1 tbsp coconut oil or other fat of choice.
Add remaining ingredients.
If needed, mix cornstarch with a bit of cold water before adding to the soup to thicken to your liking.
Puree some or all of the soup if desired.
Makes 4 cups.

2 comments:

  1. A crumbled granola bar in milk sounds like a yummy-sounding breakfast. I must try this sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it often caloricandcrazy- so tasty (and a good way to use up granola bars that might be kind of hard or stale). I actually prefer this to my granola recipe for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete