Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Yup, It's That Time of Year Again...

With all those New Years resolutions floating around about eating healthier and losing weight, one would expect to see lots of support from me around here.

Truth be told, I have way too much chocolate to go through before I can even think about making any drastic changes to my eating regime.


You can't let this stuff go bad!

Besides, New Years isn't always the best time to go gung-ho on the kale & chlorella anyways. The best time to do it is when you're ready. When it fits into your life. If you're not ready for it, you're not going to be successful. There's a $*!#-ton of support and resources out there right now, but if it's just not your time don't sweat it. I'm not condoning your procrastination, but you need to be ready to make a lifestyle change (I'll say it again) and if you're not, you will not see the results you want to see.

Besides, who wants to wait in line at the gym for a treadmill amidst fellow Januarians anyways? Not I. I'll meet you just west of town with my snowshoes instead thank-you-very-much. Or maybe we'll go for a yoga date. Ya know, to the class that I attended in December as well. Yeah, the Thursday noon class, it's one of my favorites.

I'm all about goal setting, don't get me wrong, I'm just a believer that you need to be in the right mind frame when you're setting those goals. And please, don't try to do a bajillion things all this month. Small changes in your lifestyle are definitely the way to go. You can't expect to go no-plastic all of a sudden when you're used to buying pre-packaged everything. You probably will get knocked out of the water when you realize that it's going to take you extra time to prep all of those things "from scratch" instead of buying the pre-cut red onions in the plastic tub instead. And (while some have done it), don't expect success jumping on board a raw food or vegan eating plan from a Standard American Diet. It takes a lot more work than you think. I want you to be successful just as much as you do.

Here are a few changes I'll be instituting while I'm downing all that chocolate:

-Be on time/early for everything: this means getting myself a little more organized to getting out the door. Less sleeping, more doing.

-Sweat once a day: and I'm not talking stress. This is the schedule to my yoga studio. This is somewhere else I'd like to find myself sweating this month.

-Drink a bottle (600ml) of water before noon every day: If I can get this head start on my days water consumption, I feel like I can meet my daily goals (3 bottles+). Getting the aforementioned sweating in will probably help too!

-Take a photo every day (you can see what I've got so far here)

-Take time to meditate before bed every night. This means not falling asleep on the couch so often.

-Finish reading a book every month. Right now I'm reading this one.

Now try not to call me a hypocrite, this is a big-ish list, but I feel like they're all small things. Slight adjustments to what I'm already doing on the day-to-day. I'll keep you posted on my success!

Talk to me about the changes you are or aren't making in your life this year- I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment