Monday, February 6, 2012

Bitlet's For You This Past Week: Jan 30th - Feb 05th, 2012

How to estimate your portion sizes when you're stuck without a scale.

I can't believe I didn't think of doing this before... my green onions always end up going into the stock bag before I'm able to use them all up!

Some tips on cooking beans from dried (instead of buying cans!)

Have you tried Yerba Mate before? You might want to...


Be warned that this video shows in detail the conditions in which the companies that Wal-Mart buys their pork from raises their livestock. Is this where your food comes from? I'm proud to say that it isn't where mine comes from.


And remember that pigs are very social creatures. They're just like you and me. This should not be tolerated.

On a very related note, how is it that I haven't seen the documentary Earthlings before? Have you?

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to try the thing with the scallions. I'll have to come up with some way to cat-proof it though since I'm sure they would be tempting toys, and onions are poisonous to cats. Maybe a small jar for the scallions and a large jar upside down on top. hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't get enough natural light in our place to give this a shot this time of year, but I'm already thinking about what to start growing in our greenhouse next month! I think I'm going to need to do some digging once the ground thaws out!

      Delete