Tuesday, February 21, 2012

WIAW: Feb 22nd, 2012


Extra Special What I Ate Wednesday this week! Check out everyone else that's getting in on the fun with Jenn over at Peas & Crayons

 
As I may have mentioned already, I spent the weekend on a yoga retreat deep in the snowy mountains surrounding Prince George. It was some time away from it all, well deserved and needed! 2 local chefs provided all meals and snacks for our getaway... vegetarian! Here's what things looked like!


Friday Dinner: Pistachio soup, Roasted Cauliflower with baby potatoes, Hummus & Mary's crackers, Cucumber pomegranate salad with kalamata olives & feta, Roasted butternut squash with dates & Pomegranate granita (regrettably unpictured)


Saturday Breakfast: Sweet potato cakes, Solomons' omelet (apples & cinnamon!), Hard boiled eggs, Assorted yogurt, Bagels (not gf), Breakfast loaves (not gf either), Oatmeal with all the fixins' (sigh), apple & orange juice with lots of fresh fruit.


Saturday Lunch: Quinoa salad with dried fruit & bell peppers, Mixed greens with toasted almonds & white wine vinaigrette, Smoky mixed bean chili (bad idea!), Tempeh sandwiches (not gf), Smoked apple Gouda quesadillas (not gf) and lots of fresh fruit.


Saturday Dinner: Green curry broccoli coconut milk soup, Raw carrot beet & ginger slaw atop Mary's crackers, Veggie stirfry with rice noodles, Yam rolls & red pepper cucumber & cream cheese sushi rolls, Asian coleslaw & Mandarin orange cream cheese tarts (also unpictured- noticing a trend?)


Sunday Breakfast: Mediterranean frittata, Spinach & red pepper potato cakes, Fresh fruit & Dried apricots (a fave of mine!)


Thank you so much to Chinook Yoga, Jaylene of One-yoga & Danielea of One Conscious Voice along with Briana & Reeanna for their amazing culinary skills. It was a fabulous weekend; I can't wait until next year's retreat!

14 comments:

  1. Lucky you....retreat food is usually nothing short of terrible! Everything here looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man alive...the food is almost enough to make me want to take up yoga.

    I am VERY intrigued by this whole "pistachio soup" idea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even tell you where to start on a pistachio soup, but man was it good! The weekend was definitely centered on the food- yum!

      Delete
  3. What a fantastic spread of food! The breakfast table in particular looks amazing! I don't think I would have been able to tear myself away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, I definitely overate at every. single. meal.

      But it was so worth it!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It was! I'll totally do it again next year :)

      Delete
  5. All your eats look DELICIOUS! So jealous that you got to go on a yoga retreat! I am getting my 200 hr RYT this summer! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO Jealous that you're doing your RYT! I'm hoping I'll be able to do mine in the fall. Wanderlust will have to hold me over until then!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Emilie, while I can't take credit for any of the cooking, I definitely did lots of eating :)

      Delete