Monday, May 28, 2012

Bitlet's For You This Past Week: May 21st - 27th, 2012

It's been a busy week at our house- holy moly! Mr.C's grandma came in from 8 hours out of town and stayed with us on Tuesday & Wednesday. Thursday was a totally insane day at work for me, then Friday through Sunday Mr.C's mom & step-dad came from even further out of town for a visit! Thus this week's compilation isn't earth shattering, but I always have at least a couple of 'bitlets' for you! How was your week?


Homemade maraschino cherries: Do I dare?

All the great benefits of almonds! 

We're printing off these guidelines and keeping them on the fridge for reference. I suspect many more sally-ann trips are in our future!

Everyone could use a little help getting more kale into their lives!

Fact: Organic produce does taste better! (it's really just their healthy immune systems fighting off invaders!)

I can't believe that May is nearly over in just a few more short days! Every May is Celiac Awareness month, which generally draws attention to the disease. More and more people are asking questions and wondering if taking grains out of their diet might be something they wish to try out. While I fully support people who wish to make this move in their diets, I cannot stress enough that if you suspect that you may have Celiac Disease see your doctor before you stop eating gluten. If you do have Celiac disease, it may not show up on your test results after you have cut it out of your life. Nobody likes going to the doctor, but this is certainly one of those times that I would encourage you to do so before you take action. Because I didn't, I may never know whether I do in fact have celiac disease (and I'll always wonder!).




No comments:

Post a Comment