Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Strawberries & Chocolate- What I Ate Wednesday: May 16, 2012

Happy WIAW friends! It's been beautiful, warm & sunny way up here in Prince George, which has led to some awesome outdoor eating around here... Did I mention we bought a watermelon at the grocery store the other day? (You have NO idea how exciting that is for me!) Here's some tasty meals that made their way into my belly lately!


A scoop of Progressive Chocolate Protein Powder blended with 100 grams of frozen strawberries from the farmers market last year, 1/2 cup of original almond milk & 1/4 cup of water makes a great breakfast or snack (or dessert!)


Homemade applesauce topped with organic vanilla yogurt & a sprinkle of cinnamon while watering our tiny tomato plants! I took this to work this weekend with some pecans & golden raisins in a mason jar for breakfast- SO good!


Huevos Rancheros (almost!) Corn tortillas with melted jalapeno jack cheese (quesadilla style!) topped with 2 scrambled eggs & diced fresh tomato. Yummm....


Mixed greens with slivered almonds, yellow pepper, radishes & sweet peas topped off with somma this! Oh, and steak off of our charcoal grill too :)

Tell me about your eats this week! OR check out some more WIAW's here!

8 comments:

  1. I need to use a wine glass for my smoothies to fancy it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure "Why Not?" There's no reason breakfast can't be special!

      Delete
  2. Watermellons are back!! that must mean it is summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!! I think watermelon will be a part of what I ate... today!

      Delete
  3. Oh how much do I love quesadillas! Are you in Prince George as in, BC? I am in North Van, so thought I'd ask! Fabulous eats my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna! I am in Prince George, BC- for a few more years anyways 'til Mr.C's degree is done! Thanks for taking a peek into my little corner of the blogosphere!

      Delete
  4. The salsa + egg combo is amazing- especially on salads!

    ReplyDelete