Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bitlet's For You This Past Week: May 28th- June 03rd, 2012


 

Some great "eco-friendly gardening tips!

A handful of awesome reasons to eat with the seasons!

Sometimes we all get a little blah & fall off the wagon a big... Even I need help sometimes- here's some great tips!

Interesting fact: tomatoes have more genes than we do!

A great reason to start a blog!

I'm finding more & more every day that the content of this weekly feature is veering away from the gluten-free theme that was the direction I first started with here. Many months ago, I modified the "Who's That Girl" description of the site to include my environmentally conscious mind in addition to the general healthy eating and gluten free mentions. Since deciding that I would be going through a yoga teacher training program in the fall a few months ago, I have been adding little bits of that into what I talk about here too. I whole heartedly believe that one's health is not single faceted.

I have never had any sort of spiritual consciousness until I began practicing yoga. In fact, I can recall the "Body, Mind, Spirit" module of my Holistic Nutrition program at CSNN a few years ago. After the first class I spoke with the instructor about my disbelief in "all of this stuff". I remember her using the words "airy fairy"... and suggesting that perhaps I speak with the woman who runs that particular branch of the school about the possibility of an alternative assignment.

I'm glad I didn't.

Just today I was looking at this chakra banner... Whether you believe in it or not, it's there. And it will still be there when you're ready to accept it in some form or another. I also just learned about InspireHealth who will be offering their services at the BC Cancer Center for the North. Those services include both yoga & nutrition in addition to several other integrative complementary therapies.

There's more to health than what most people think. To some, health may be what you eat or how much you exercise, but consider for a moment that the health & well being of your mind and spirit is just as important as the healthful things that you do for your body.  ~Namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment