Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday: June 13th, 2012


aaaaaaaand welcome back to WIAW! Here's the scoop for this week: I started my day off with the last slice of an awesome pizza I made last night while I was throwing together my regular breakfast smoothie. I also grabbed an apple on my way out the door since I would be home in 2-3 hours for lunch.


When I got home I immediately started whipping up a stir fry. It's fridge cleaning out day, and I had lots of odds & ends to throw in! I pulled a ziploc bag of trimmed green beans out of the freezer with some random spinach that I discovered in there to add to the peppers, carrot, onion, mushrooms & garlic that I rescued from the depths of the fridge. There were two steaks I had thawed out a few days ago that needed to be used up as well, so those went in too. I had it with quinoa for an extra protein boost.

 

I had plenty of leftovers, but much to my surprise (they were so good) I ate the rest of them for dinner later on! Grocery shopping is definitely priority numero uno tomorrow morning! As per the empty fridge...


Yes, this is empty... those carrots, cucumber & blueberries are only there because I went to the grocery store yesterday. That's actually all I ended up getting (I only went because I had to return something). I find that I have a lot more "success" when I force myself to eat all the miscellaneous things lurking in the fridge before I allow myself to go get more. I may or may not end up finishing that hummus up there on the top shelf for breakfast tomorrow...


As I was taking the above fridge photo, I spotted some roasted garlic havarti cheese & absentmindedly proceeded to cut a chunk off of. Not because I was hungry (you have no idea how much stir fry I ate today!), not because I was craving it, just because it was there. And then I realized I would have to add it to the tally for the day. Sidenote: I really need to stop using these knives for cheese- they're impossible to clean!

Now, head on over to Peas & Crayons to check out some more WIAW fun! Maybe I'll see ya there...





8 comments:

  1. That pizza is amazing, my favourtie food of all time, nothing beats a good slice of pizza! Soo yummy. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even when cold out of the fridge for breakfast- pizza is definitely my vice!

      Delete
  2. I always eat just because it is there, that is precisely what I am trying to change! But, that roasted garlic havarti cheese does sound good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, it was good! Eating out of boredom (or anything rather than healthy sustenance) is something I'm working on as well- you're not alone!

      Delete
  3. Smoothies always taste better when served in a Martini glass :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh that pizza looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kailey! It was certainly good enough that I ate all but one slice for dinner the night before!

      Delete