Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bitlet's For You This Past Week: July 01st-07th, 2012

I'm hanging out at my grandparent's house a province over this weekend for my grandpa's 80th birthday party. Sure to be filled with plenty of stories, eats & fun I'm looking forward to seeing them. In the meantime, here's a few little bitlet's for ya!

The science behind taste vs the color of tomatoes.

If you needed another reason to buy organic tomatoes, here it is!

The root of weight gain: Scientific truth to low carb v.s. low fat v.s. what the food guide tells us to eat.

Sure, food is all about moderation... but what does that really mean?

These Sea Salt Caramel Bars look super tasty!

This BLT quinoa salad was on my to-make list this week, but sadly it didn't happen. It'll be first up when I get home!

 Check out my tomato progress!


I handed in my application for the yoga teacher training program this week & now have a stack of books on my nightstand (not that this is my nightstand) to get through before I start in September! Woohoo!


I used to like being busy. Correction: I used to think I liked being busy. I remember a time in my life when I felt guilty saying "no" to the bank machine when it asked me if I was finished my banking. I still think about it when making a deposit and have a little inside laugh to myself. While I've come a long way from then, and now have the ability to tell people (and inanimate objects) no, this is exactly what I needed today. It's enough to make me want to close up shop on this blog, as it's become something I feel obligated to do now, rather than something I enjoy doing. And yet still completely self imposed. I'll never have the photography skills to "make it" as a blogger, as I don't have much of an interest in photography & live in a basement suite in Northern Canada (not a lot of natural light!). I'm not much of a recipe developer- hell I can't follow a recipe, let alone write one!

I tend to have a "go big or go home" attitude about things. And despite the half-assedness of my blog on the best of days, I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I have a very healthy interest in food, health and the environment and that's okay. I just need to let it be an interest, without attachments. I just need to let go of the expectations I've put out there for myself. I don't need to write daily posts, I don't need to trial recipes multiple times until they're perfect enough for others (Remember that part about not following recipes well? Not even my own!), I don't need to have a ton of linens & backdrops & lightboxes & fancy silverware to stage food photos. I'd rather eat the damn meal before it gets cold. I don't have a microwave to throw it into after I've snapped a few hundred photos on my DSLR. Nope, I snap one or two on my iphone & chow down. At the end of the day, it's about eating for me. I'm not much of an artist of any sort, honestly. Maybe I just haven't found my "calling"; my creative outlet. Either way, this isn't it.

Should this come to fruition, feel free to keep following me on Facebook, as I'll always have lots of little bitlets to share that my "Real Facebook friends" don't particularly care for...

Love always,

Kristin



1 comment:

  1. This is a very touching post, Kristin. You continue to inspire me always. love TT

    ReplyDelete