Friday, February 22, 2013

So Where'd Ya Go?

I took a bit of a break. Maybe you noticed? Maybe not. Either way, it's been just about seven months without any new posts going up around here. I had some health stuff come up, I needed some space. Some space for me. Maybe you caught this post & saw it coming. So what have I been up to?

I bought a new car (the day before my "disappearance" actually)! I'm excited to get back on my bike to & from work once all the snow is gone this spring!

The first thing I did from the dealership was drive that bike back home up the hill!



I canned tomatoes like I do late in the summer every year & bought a Vitamix!

I began & completed a 200 hour yoga teacher training program!
We had a Korean themed Thanksgiving

We had a blast at Halloween!

We stayed home for Christmas, cooked a goose & cut down our own tree!

The new year has been pretty quiet. I've been working on nutrition stuff, teaching yoga & planning for our vacation (59 more sleeps!) I have definitely been dreaming & scheming about Wanderlust as well as another yoga retreat over the summer. Trying to keep it low key in the meantime so that I can make it all happen- tres exciting!

I just finished a "variation" of  Sarah Wilson's "I Quit Sugar" program last week. Sugar has always been my vice (if you met my mother, you'd understand that I come by it honestly!) however I got to a point a few weeks ago where I honestly wasn't craving it anymore.

I never thought I'd be able to say that.

It was a rough few weeks leading up to that point, but I'm glad I did it. Definitely recommend. If you have any questions about it, don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

Some of my other new years resolution topics include drinking more water, reading more paper books (rather than just online content), getting outside every day (to & from the car does not count!) & spending more time doing what I love (rather than the opposite). Journalling about my goals every Sunday to follow up with them has kept me accountable to myself.

Expect to hear more from me soon! xo

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Sugar is evil... I've fallen off the wagon a bit lately and I can really feel it.

    Back when I first gave it up I had terrible cravings. I remember having a dream that I was eating chocolate and it was soooo delicious. Then I remembered that I wasn't supposed to have it and I was like oh nooo, what have I done?

    But then the most amazing thing happened... I realized that I was dreaming! Suddenly I could eat all the chocolate I wanted in my sleep... and to tell the truth, fantasy chocolate is much more satisfying than the real stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha! That's awesome!

      Wait- is that sort of like when you're by a waterfall or river or something in a dream and then you realize you just have to pee? Not as fulfilling I would imagine...

      Delete