Thursday, March 7, 2013

*focus*

Admittedly, I was sort of vague in my last post. Maybe a bit on purpose. '

I guess you could call this part 2.

(As we all are to some degree) I'm on a bit of a self improvement quest. To be my best self. It's a lifelong journey, really. I had to give up writing in this space because it was no longer serving me. I got nothing out of it. In fact, it drained me.

When I began writing this blog, I had no intentions of writing for any purpose other than for myself. I didn't care if anyone read it, I didn't care to make any money off of it (which I never have), I didn't care that my photography skills sucked.

However, it quickly turned into grand ideas of blogger celebrity. I watched this girl, who completed the same nutrition as I did one year before me hurtle through the blogosphere (nevermind her marketing background & expensive camera) to the full time career blogger that she is now. She started writing not too long before I. Seemed like a comparison that wasn't too outlandish. She made it look so easy.

But it's not.

I'm just a normal person. Okay, I take that back... normal is frightening in this day & age. Let's call it "average" instead.

I have dirty dishes in the sink (nearly all the time, actually). I have litter boxes to scoop & a driveway to shovel. I have mac & cheese (gluten free of course) for dinner sometimes. Like today. Under a blanket on the couch.

I think there's a lot of how I'm feeling in the online world. And beyond it as well. I read something a few days ago on facebook (yes, I get lost on there for unreasonable amounts of time too) and it was something along the lines of "quit comparing their best days to your worst day ever". Basically when you're slumped over your laptop, having not showered in three days eating cereal for dinner pouring over pictures from a trip to {insert tropical destination here} of a facebook "friend"... stop it. Stop comparing yourself, its certainly not doing you any good ogling their perfect everything.

The point is that comparing ourselves to those around us is useless (easier said than done granted). I don't know this girl's story. I don't know your story. Or anyone else's nearly as well as I know my own. And thus I must focus only on my own path, my own duty. And you, yours.

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I'm not big on 'professional bloggers' as they tend to annoy me with their 'see how together I am' approach. Give me a real person over the marketed hype any day!

    ReplyDelete